The eagle is seen by many cultures as a symbol of courage, vision, strength, healing, freedom, and endurance. American Indians believe the eagle to be a sacred messenger, carrying our prayers on its wings to the Creator and returning with gifts and visions for the people. Eagle feathers assist medicine people/shamans in connecting with Spirit for healing. They are deemed the most sacred healing tools, a
symbol of power, healing, and wisdom.
Humans have for long been inspired by the sight of eagles soaring high in the sky. In ancient Greece the eagle was associated with Zeus, who according to myth, sometimes shape-shifted into an eagle so he could hurl his lighting bolts. In some Native American belief systems the eagle symbolizes the Thunderbird (lightning and thunder), associated with great power and glory.
If Eagle shows up in your life:
- It may be time to reconnect with your spiritual path.
- You may be encouraged to listen and heed your spiritual directives as well as your heart and to allow them to lead the way for you.
- Higher powers may be communicating with you, so listen carefully to your intuition.
- You may be reminded that when you stop resisting and start flowing with life, all the doors will open and the directions you need to follow will be made clear. Like a beacon, your heart will follow the light.
If Eagle is your Animal Spirit Guide:
- As you soar to spiritual awareness, you remain well grounded in reality.
- You have an intuitive and creative spirit.
- You are guided by great power and balance in all dimensions to achieve inner growth.
- You have respect for the boundaries and grace achieved through knowledge and hard work.
Ask Eagle’s assistance when:
- You need assistance in seeing the big picture.
- You long for freedom, balance, strength, clarity, and patience.
- You wish to connect with spirit guides, teachers, and higher truths.
- You struggle with rising above the material to see the spiritual.
Did you know?
Bald eagles can fly to an altitude of 10,000 feet. During level flight, they can achieve speeds of about 30 to 35 mph.