Clove is an exceptionally versatile essential oil that has many medicinal and spiritual properties. The oil is steam distilled from the bud, stem, and leaves of the evergreen clove tree. The most common use of clove oil is in dental care. Numerous toothpastes, mouthwashes, and oral care applications contain clove oil as a significant ingredient. Clove has a long history in Indian and Chinese cuisine, and has also been extensively used for centuries in both Chinese and Ayurveda medicines.
Aroma: Spicy, warm, woody, with slightly fruity top notes
Properties: Antioxidant, anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, antimicrobial
Plant Origin: Madagascar, Spice Island
Chakra: Root Chakra
Spiritual Aspect: Prosperity, Love, Protection, Inspiration
Benefits for Massage & Skincare:
- Provides relief from pain and stress
- Reduces the effects of aging (wrinkles, sagging skin)
- Can be used topically for fungal infection and athlete’s foot
- Beneficial for wounds, cuts, scabies, and bruises
- Helpful for problem skin, especially for acne
- Can also be used for treating insect bites and stings
- Improves circulation and increases metabolism
- Useful for boosting the immune system
- Can be beneficial for respiratory disorders including coughs, colds, bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, and tuberculosis
- Effective for treating hiccups, indigestion, motion sickness, and flatulence
- Helpful in reducing nausea and vomiting
- Purifies the blood and helps control blood sugar levels
- Refreshes the mind and stimulates brain function
- Its relaxing & calming effects make it an excellent stress reliever
- Beneficial for memory loss, depression, and anxiety
- Creates a sense of protection and courage
- Encourages sleep and stimulates dreams
- Awakens the senses to completion and oneness
- Can be used when we are afraid and in need of angelic assistance
- Brings the message of inspiration and moving forward, springing the spirit into action
- Cold feet? Add 3 drops to your body oil or lotion to increase circulation to the extremities, especially the feet.
- Use this oil in a diffuser to raise spiritual vibrations in your home and to purify the space.
- Wear on the skin (in a blend) to attract prosperity. (Try the Prosperity Blend by Gaia’s Healing Gifts!)
Precautions: It may cause burns if not used properly. This essential oil should always be used in diluted form, and furthermore, it should not be used by people with unusually sensitive skin. Avoid while pregnant and when having liver or kidney disease. Anticoagulant properties can be enhanced when combined with warfarin, aspirin, etc.
Recipe for Heartburn Relief Blend
2 drops of Clove Essential Oil
3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
1 teaspoon of Vegetable Oil
Mix ingredients and rub the upper abdominal area with the blend.
Recipe for Heartburn Relief Tea:
Dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm water and add 1 drop of clove essential oil. Sip slowly.