by Bethanny Gonzalez, Certified Aromatherapist
AROMA: Fresh, herbaceous, spicy with balsamic undertones
PROPERTIES: Calming, relaxing, sedative, astringent, antiseptic, antispasmodic, deodorant, diuretic, hemostatic
CHAKRA: Third Eye and Crown
SPIRITUAL ASPECTS: Transition, Protection, and Longevity
The Essential Oil of Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) is obtained through steam distillation of young twigs, stems and needles of the cypress tree. Cypress comes from a Greek word sempervivens meaning “live forever”. The cypress tree is known as the sacred flame of life. It symbolizes long life, and the immortality of the soul.
BENEFITS for Massage & Skin Care:
- Tightens loose skin and muscles
- Excellent for treating scar tissue
- Helps with oily or troubled skin
- Relieves spasms and eases menstrual cramps
- Reduces heavy bleeding
- Beneficial for treating external and internal wounds
- Tones up the respiratory system and increases the efficiency of the lungs
- Causes perspiration, therefore helps quickly remove toxins & excess water
- Helps relieve nervous tension, stress, and anxiety
- Stimulates a happy feeling in case of anger or sadness
- Eases feeling of loss and effects of trauma
- Provides grounding and feelings of security
- Helps to connect the human spirit with the wisdom of the universe
- Brings structure and collection of thoughts
- An Angelic fragrance that can be used to assist in the transition and release from the earthly plane
- Provides comfort, healing, and protection
- Cleanses the aura, raises energy levels, and creates feelings of security
Pet Friendly: Have your pet smell it directly from the bottle, or place a few drops in your palm, then pet the animal head to toe.
This oil is available at GODDESS I AM Healing & Art Center and at www.GaiasHealingGifts.com
RECIPE for Oil Blend in Times of Transition & Grieving:
2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
4 drops of Cypress Essential Oil
2 drops of Vetiver Essential Oil
2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Blend all ingredients together and place in small glass container. Place a small amount on the hands and then breathe in the aroma. This blend can also be massaged into feet or desired area of body before and during transition.
CAUTION: Only use on skin when well diluted and combined with other soothing oils. Cypress essential oil should be avoided by pregnant women. As with all essential oils, never use undiluted in eyes or mucus membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children.
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS PAGE IS FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE THE ADVICE GIVEN BY A PHARMACIST, PHYSICIAN, OR ANY OTHER LICENSED HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. GAIA’S HEALING GIFTS PRODUCTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY HEALTH CONDITION OR DISEASE.